Meal and Food prep can play a huge role in fine tuning your nutrition but it often gets a bad rep for being boring.
However, with a little research and as much customization as you like, you’ll find that it’s super easy to prep really great tasting food.
In today’s post, I’ll share with you an easy but tasty Paleo Friendly Breakfast Casserole that Mesha likes to make, that you can eat for pretty much any meal.( I really like breakfast for dinner!)
Once it’s done, just cut into desired serving sizes (I cut mine to fit my macros) and eat!
Paleo Breakfast Casserole
1 large sweet potato, diced
1/4 onion, chopped
1 clove of crushed or chopped garlic
About 3 tablespoons olive oil or Coconut Oil
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
About 10 ounces of any meat of your choice. (I used Isernio’s Ground Chicken)
Green onion, for garnish
Salt and pepper, to taste
*Other seasonings I used was: Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes & garlic powder.
- In a large pan, sauté chopped onion and garlic in some olive oil until translucent.
- Add diced sweet potato and cook until fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from pan and add to a baking dish.
- Add more oil to the pan and sauté sliced mushrooms until browned.
Season with salt and pepper.
- Add them to the baking dish as a second layer.
- Finally, add the sausage to the pan and cook until no more pink remains. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add that to the baking dish as a third layer. (At this point, you could cover and refrigerate overnight if you want to wait to bake and serve.
- Preheat the oven to 350. In a bowl, whisk the eggs well (season a bit with salt and pepper) and pour over the casserole mixture in the baking dish. bake for 50-70 minutes, or until the eggs are no longer runny.
- Serve hot and garnish with a sprinkle of sliced green onion.
*Based on 9×13 glass pan and cut into 24 servings
Total Calories: 70
Original Recipe and Picture from: Freckled Italian