Occupation: Accounts Payable at a commercial fishing company (we fish in the Berring Sea!)
1. How long have you been training at Reign? When did it all begin? Why Reign?
I have been at Reign for a year and a half now. I was at another gym and wasn’t as happy. My plan was to finish out my contract and then return back to LA Fitness.
I was invited to Ladies Night by Jessica Williamson and I ended up winning a free month. It was a blessing in disguise. I thought “ok I’ll finish up my contract at my current gym and then use the free month at Reign and then back to LA Fitness I go”.
I just couldn’t see myself spending the amount of money I was spending. But after a few classes at Reign and I was hooked.
“The classes are always so challenging and the members are amazing. It feels like a family. Everyone is so positive and supportive. I definitely feel like I’ve made some life long friends.”
2. Tell us a little about yourself. What’s a Day in the Life of Daisy?
I like to be busy.
Most of the time I over extend myself.
I’m always working on trying to get enough sleep. Its always a struggle.
I have a full time job and 2 part time jobs. My part time jobs are The Limited and Gene Juarez (The extra money is ok but I mainly work for the discounts).
Each day I wake up between 4:45 – 5am. If I go to the 5am class on Friday mornings then I’m up at 3:45 😦 I take the light rail or sounder into Seattle and then bus it to work (Tuesdays I drive in).
From work I go straight to Reign and then some days I go running (when its nice out I’m outside but now I’m at LA Fitness). Then home and eat dinner and get ready for the next day. Weekends are always different. I’m either working or I have plans. I try to make sure I have some time on Sundays to meal prep and shop but some weekends its crazy busy.
3. Share your recent and or biggest accomplishment(s) here at Reign.
I have two.
“First one is losing 24 lbs since April (I’ve gained a handful back during the holidays but I’m getting it off before the New Year!)”
My second accomplishment I’m proud of is participating in my first crossfit comp.
“When Mesha first posted about it and asked who wanted to do it, I stayed quiet. I thought “there is no way I’m ready” and then Jessica Young called me out and I felt like I had to say yes. Thanks Jessica 😉 I’m actually so glad you did! It was such a great experience!”
Hard and terrifying but it was great to get out of my comfort zone and push myself. And it was great to do it for the first time with some other great Reign women!
4. Share your favorite memory so far at Reign.
My favorite memory is the crossfit comp that I participated in. Such a good experience. 2nd would probably be seeing T-Rex (DJ) on the assault bike lol
5. If you could be an actor/actress for a day, who would you be and why?
Anyone I suppose. I would love to be able to spend the day eating good food and shopping without worrying about the money. Maybe starting off in Paris and then flying to Milan. I would be keeping the clothes and shoes of course.
6. First CD you bought & Favorite Movie of all time…
I think the first one I ever bought was Bone Thugs n Harmony, E 1999 Eternal. Favorite movie: don’t laugh……Step Up (I always cry lol) and the Sex and the City movie (The first one. The second one was bad!)
7. If you could have dinner with any three people in the world, who would it be and why?
Obama and Biden. I’d love to know if they are anything like the memes. Giavanni Ruffin is my IG crush at the moment lol So date night would be great
8. If you could create any workout what would it be and why?
Something yoga related with lots of squats, lunges, pushups and ab work added in
9. What would the title of your autobiography be? Why?
"Keep Your Heels, Head & Standards High" -Favorite quote
10. What’s your spirit animal?
11. What advice would you give to anyone looking to start their fitness journey?
To not give up.
“Keep showing up and give it your all. The days you don’t want to work out are the days you need to and end up being your best days.Ask for help along the way and realize its not a quick fix.”
Its a lifestyle change.
12. Who is your Hero? Why?
All of the mothers at Reign. I can’t imagine working full time, taking care of your kids and still making “you” time. Superhero status
13. What was your dream job when you were a kid?
A personal shopper. My friend and I would play “Nordstrom” before school started when she had all her back to school clothes when we were growing up. I also wanted to be a doctor but that all changed when my sister fell and cut her knee open (scared me for life lol)
14. What are your hobbies outside of Reign?
I try to stay really busy (a lot of times too busy). I either work, run, go to hot yoga or spend time with family and friends.
15. If you won the lottery, what would be your first ‘selfish’ purchase?
A pair of Louboutin shoes or a chef to cook my food.
16. If you had to pick your last meal, what would it be?
So I’m not a big seafood fan but I’ve been trying to broaden my choices. For some odd reason I’ve been wanting sushi all the time. My last meal would have to be sushi from Nobu. So good!!
17. Would you rather have the ability to be invisible for a day or read minds for a day? Why?
Read minds for a day so I know what what others are thinking but that could be scary too lol
18. Favorite Movie of all time…?
Step Up and Sex and the City
19. You can go to any concert of any artist (dead or alive) which one would you go to?
Beyonce. Hands down
20. What are your future health and fitness goals you wish to accomplish at Reign?
I’d like to do another crossift comp (preferably a partner/team one) and maybe someday in the future it’d be awesome to do a bikini type show just to check it off a bucket list lol
BONUS: Tell us something we don’t know about you….
My favorite class was power lifting in junior high & high school. I took it 9-12th grade
Fill In The Blank…
I Am…Determined to reach my goals
I Wish…For more love and less hate in the world
I Eat…All the time!