This November, 16 guys from Reign Fitness decided to team up and participate in the Movember challenge to help raise awareness for Men’s Health!
We signed up online and committed to growing a mustache for 30 days.
Yes, a mustache.
We chose to participate in Movember because Men’s health is an area without a big voice and it needs it. Just check out some of these statistics. (More information on Movember in this blog post “Reign Fitness Calling Men To Squad Up For Movember”)
*Movember: It’s the only charity tackling men’s health on a global scale and they are addressing some of the biggest health issues faced by men: prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health, and suicide prevention.
Men’s Health Stats In The U.S.
- 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime.
- Prostate cancer is the 2nd most common cancer in men in the United States.
- 1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
- 1 in 36 men will die from prostate cancer (about 29,480 men) accounting for about 22% of all male deaths from cancer
- About 380 men will die of testicular cancer
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in young men aged 15 – 35 years
- More than four times as many men as women die by suicide in the United States
So on November 1st, 2016 the members of Team Preign Mantis started their month long journey with a clean shave…
And for the next thirty days we lived our lives growing mustaches one day at a time.
“We spent time with our families, went to work, some of us traveled, we ate, exercised, had a great thanksgiving, and of course did a lot of burpees.”
I’m sure all the guys will tell you that their lives were a bit different over the last 30 days and also how the mustaches definitely got a lot of attention.
But that was the point.
To get people’s attention and get the word out about Men’s Health.
This was so much fun and I know we were all honored to take part in something that meant a lot to us.
One way we fundraised money…
Members of Team Preign Mantis held a Burpee-Thon where they did 2 Burpees for every $1 that was donated! (some members even received bonus donations with 1 Burpee for every $1 donated)
In total, they did over 3000 burpees and raised $1000 dollars for the teams totals.
Check out the Burpee-Thon Post here.
*We also happened to hold another Burpee-Thon on the last day and we ended up doing more than 3000 burpees again!
It was awesome!
Some Of The Moustaches
Here are some of the moustaches.
Team Preign Mantis Movember Results
- 16 Men joined Team Preign Mantis and committed to growing a mustache for 30 days.
- Team Preign Mantis raised over $2,200 dollars for Men’s Health.
- They lived a fit and active lifestyle for 30 days.
- Grew some amazing and some not-so amazing mustaches!
Lastly, Team Preign Mantis wanted to give a big shout out and say thank you to everyone who supported the team and donated money.
“An extra big shout out to the girlfriends and wives who had to deal with the mustaches for the month of November. We love and appreciate all of you so much! “
Big Thank You
Megan , Karen, Maria, Angie, Mi, Daisy, Jonathan, Colleen, Janelle, Jessica Y. , Sarah L., Boeing, Vicky, Andrea, Bernie, Mary, Seon, Monica, Hair Elements, Reign Fitness, and everyone else who donated!