Name: Andrea Sanders
Occupation: Sr. Recruiter
- How long have you been training at Reign? When did it all begin? I have been training since Nov 2014 and that was the beginning of a new me.
- Tell us a little about yourself. What’s a Day in the Life of Andrea? Depending on the day I usually go to 6am Reign class then rush to work to shower and start work by 7:30am. I’m a recruiter so that in itself has its rewards because I get to help people find their passion or a new career path. I’m usually off by 4:30pm and I’ll either go to Barbell class or rush home to make dinner and possibly chauffer one of my kids somewhere. This is repeated daily J
- What has been your biggest accomplishments here at Reign? I have lost over 30lbs since starting at Reign and that has been something I’m so proud of to this day.
- Tell us your favorite memory so far at Reign. The day I won my first challenge, I remember crying with coach Mesha because with her help I was able to lose my first 10lbs. That day I felt something spark in me that no matter what goal I set I could accomplish it.
- If you were a SuperHero, which one matches best with your personality? Why? I honestly think being a “MOM” is the superhero I would pick. I have been a mom for almost 20 years and I know the power and influence a mother can have to her children and husband. There is something about a mothers touch or word of encouragement that makes her children know that no matter what happens it will all be ok. And that is a super power!
- What’s your motto? “Iron sharpens Iron” Proverbs 27:17 Because of what Reign has created in the community is unity and likeminded people. When I’m weak and dull I can depend on my reign family to sharpen me up and get me back on track.
- Who is your HERO and why? Jodeci and Sandro my 2 older kids because they were born to a teen mom who had no clue what she was doing but they loved me unconditionally. They made the woman I’m today and I just want to make them proud. I want them to know that no matter what happened in our past we have a bright future. Some people chose not to be a part of their lives but it’s there loss not ours. I have worked my butt off to provide for them and always make sure they knew they were loved. I would be nobody if it weren’t for them.
- How has your healthy lifestyle affected your family? It has changed our entire lifestyle. My husband would laugh at Jodeci and me when we started meal prepping and tracking macros… guess who is now 20lbs lighter and unofficially counting macros. Yup he sure is and that makes me happy like I said it’s a super power we mom’s have ;). And of course watching Jodeci go after her dreams is what I live for, there is nothing that can replace the feeling of watching your kids succeed.
- What’s your favorite exercise and why? What’s your least favorite and why? My favorite is anything with a barbell because I feel like a strong mamacita when I get to lift heavy! And my least favorite is rowing/assault bike because I need to learn how to breathe.
- What advice would you give to anyone looking to start their fitness journey? I would say to trust the process the changes don’t happen overnight but they will happen. To be consistent with your routine whether it is meal prepping on Sundays and working out 4-5 times a week stick to your schedule. To celebrate every victory no matter big or small because it’s progress and you are moving in the right direction.
- Share what it is like having your daughter Jodeci start this health & fitness journey with you. I remember the day Jodeci looked at me and was like I have nothing to offer all I do is work and eat. I knew something was broken in her. She was so use to always playing basketball and being active until she tore her ACL. She started working at McDonalds and didn’t have much physical activity like before. Because she was so use to training hard I knew there was something missing. So when I went to the Reign grand opening I knew this was something she would enjoy and get her moving again boy was I right. I remember our first class together and at the end she had a smile from ear to ear as I was throwing up. She said mom I loved this class, shortly after that she began to train with Mesha and that spark was back. I love that we have embarked on this journey together she keeps me grounded and motivated. Her transformation is remarkable and her hard work shows. I’m so proud of the young lady she is today and I can’t wait to one day cheer her on at the Cross Fit games.
- Favorite television show? Jane the virgin, Strong, and American Grit
- Favorite Song to workout? I love music period so anything old school or with a Latin beat!
- Favorite Treat? Fresh baked choc. Chip cookies or brownies
- What are your hobbies outside of Reign? With your family? I love softball, hiking, and going to church with my family.
- What are your future health and fitness goals? I want to do pull-ups, gain more muscle mass, and maybe one day beat one of Jodeci’s PR’s J
Fill In The Blank…
I Love…my family.
I Wish…to never forget where I came from.
I Eat…to live!