Looking for an easy way to get a healthy breakfast in that you can grab and go during your morning rush?
Start your morning off right with these ‘Healthy Protein Filled Egg White Muffins.’
All you need is a carton of egg whites, a mini-muffin or muffin tin, olive oil cooking spray, your favorite vegetables and protein. The great thing about this recipe is that you can make a huge batch of muffins at the beginning of the week and refrigerate them until you are ready to eat them again. (Or, eat 6 of them in one sitting, like me!)
In my recipe, I added in 2oz of lean ground turkey, which is optional. You can make them with all veggies, you can add in whole omega 3 eggs, you can add in bacon, cheese, etc. It’s your muffin, be creative and have fun! Your tummy will thank you!
6 egg whites
1/4 cup low fat mozzarella cheese
2oz lean ground turkey
1 cup diced mushrooms
1 cup diced tomatoes
3 asparagus spears chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
This recipe makes 6 muffins.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray muffin tins with olive oil.
3. Dice all vegetables. You can add more or less of any of them, but keep the overall portion of vegetables the same for best results.
4. Add veggies, cheese and protein to muffin tins evenly.
5. Add in 3 TBSP of egg whites per muffin tin, the mixture should evenly fill the 6 muffin cups.
6. Bake 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Eat & Enjoy! Leftovers can be saved in the refrigerator throughout the week or packed in tupperware for a midday snack.
TOTAL CALORIES: 350
These cute little muffins are packed full of protein and plenty of vitamins needed for a healthy body and will help keep you full and energized! Don’t forget that you can make your egg muffins any way you like with different vegetables, proteins and whole eggs too.
These just may become your new favorite go-to breakfast. ENJOY!