I love to bake cookies!
Especially healthy ones so I don’t feel as bad when I feel like having a treat shaped like a cookie.
I found this recipe on pinterest and added my own twist to it and it turned out delicious.
These protein cookies can be made with or without gluten. You can be creative and make it your own! Enjoy and Happy Baking!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Quinoa Cookies
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup (I used sugar free syrup)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (I used gluten free oats)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut (I left these out)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- 1 scoop of protein (I used Chocolate flavored Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine quinoa, peanut butter, maple syrup, salt, and oats in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer on low/medium speed, combine ingredients well.
Tip: Allow the quinoa to cool before mixing it in. I cooked my quinoa earlier in the day and let it sit and cool down.
3. Stir in coconut and chocolate chips.
4. Scoop and mold dough into round, tablespoon-sized cookies.
5. Place cookies on parchment-paper-lined baking sheets and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, until bottoms are nicely browned.
6. Allow to cool completely before storing.